Department of Finance deals with all matters related to Finances in the State which
includes recruitment, appointment and promotions of Rajasthan Accounts Service,
Rajasthan Excise Service (except transfers of Asstt. Excise Officers), Rajasthan
Commercial Taxes Service (except transfers of Astt. Commercial Taxes Officers),
Rajasthan State Insurance Service, Appeals under CCA Rules for Subordinate Accounts
Service / Subordinate Provident Fund / State Insurance Service Department of Finance
acts as a guide to various departments in matters such as GF&AR and Finance Rules.
Framing of Rules, amendments in keeping with the changing times to bring about efficient
Finance administration. Department of Finance is headed by A.C.S.(Finance) to the Government
who is supported by two Secretaries, one Special Secretary, Director, Joint Secretaries/Deputy Secretaries/O.S.D, Technical Director,
various C.A.O., Sr.A.O., A.O., A.A.O., Ministerial staff and other services staff. Various Division of Finance Department
are as under :
Audit & Inspection Division
- P.A.C. / Legislative Committees in audit matters (General) (of all Government Departments/Undertakings).
- C.A.G. Report inspection Reports of A.G. and pursuance of draft paras.
- Internal Audit, Special Audit and Physical Verification Reports of Director, Inspection.
- Matters relating to Reports of Director, Local Fund Audit Department.
- Pursuance of misappropriation / defalcation/ embezzlement cases with the concerned
- Administration of Directorate of Inspection, and Local Fund Audit Department.
- Utilization certificates and Recovery of Loans and advances
- FD comment on inspections reports
Budget and Ways & Means Division
- Budget Circular/ Manual/ Memorandum
- Appropriation Bill
- Monitoring of implementation of Budget announcements
- Advance from the Contingency Fund
- Supplementary / Excess Demands
- Printing of Budget
- Enabling Additional authorisation in IFMS
- (i) Decretal
- (ii) Other cases
- (a) Upto Rs. 1.00 Cr
- (b) Cases exceeding Rs. 1.00 Cr.
- Transfer of funds in PD A/C
- Government Guarantee or extension thereof
- Signing of Guarantee Deeds
- Opening of Public Deposit account/ Bank Account by a Department/Autonomous Body
- Rate of interest on interest bearing deposits
- Matters relating to Banks.
- Declaration of Holidays under Negotiable, instrument Act, 1881
- Matters related to borrowings
- Repayment of Loans and payment of interest & service charges
- Management of ways & means position including Investment of cash balances & Funds in Public Accounts and monthly accounts
- Review and Monitoring of receipts of EAP's, union grants under non-plan, plan and CSS
- Waiving of loan and advances :
- (i)Upto Rs. 25.00 lacs
- (ii)Above Rs. 25.00 lacs
- Approval of new Expenditure for Non - Plan / Plan/ CSS and Break-up of lump-sum provision. (Over and above Budget provision)
Upto Rs. 25.00 lac
- Above Rs. 25.00 lac
- Loans, grant - in - aid and transfers to PD accounts
- Upto budget provision
- Above budget provision
- Proposals for making temporary posts permanent
- Extension in the terms of temporary posts
- Sanction for decretal expenditure
- Payment in compliance of court orders
- (a) upto Rs. 5 lacs
- (b) above Rs. 5 lacs
- Creation / upgradation of posts
- (i)Plan/ CSS posts
- (ii)Non Plan posts
- (iii)Corporations/Bodies/Boards etc.
- Additional authorisation over and above the Budgeted provisions
- (ii) Other cases
- (a) Upto Rs. 50.00 lacs
- (b) Cases exceeding Rs. 50.00 lacs but upto Rs. 5.00 cr.
- (c) Cases exceeding Rs. 5.00 cr.
- Revision of Cadre strength
- Reallocation of Budget within available Budget provision under Plan/Non-Plan/ CSS
- Reappropriation of Budget
- Sanction of contractual services and extension of contractual services
Public Investment Division
- Investment in projects, schemes and in Corporations/ Private / Public Sector Undertakings :-
- Upto Rs. 500 Lakhs
- above Rs. 500 lakhs
- To appoint representative of the Governor to attend Annual General Meeting of Companies/ Corporation etc.
- Financial review of Corporations / Undertakings
- Matters relating to Power Companies
Pension & Insurance Division
- Administration of Pension and Pensioners' Welfare Department
- Policy matters regarding Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare (including RPMF).
- Administration of SIPF Department
- Administration of Health Insurance Scheme
Finance Commission & Economics Affairs Division
- FRBM Act related matters including FRBM documents, PERC meetings and its recommendations
- Matters related to Central Finance Commission and monitoring of release and expenditure of grants recommended by CFC including organizing HLC meeting
- Matters related to State Finance Commission and monitoring of grants recommended by SFC.
- Matters related to Inter State Council and NDC
- Pending matters before GOl including submission of proposals to GOI for debt waiver etc
- Macro economic analysis of National and State’s finances and Economy
- Examination of proposal for Innovative financing / Externally aided projects
- Disinvestments / Privatisation
- All Matters relating to Directorate of Treasury and Accounts and Administration of Treasuries
- Handling of PFM and procurement capacity building project funded by IDP trust fund
Procurement and GF&AR DIVISION
- Procurement Policy and Administration
- Public Private Partnership (PPP) Policy, Programme & structuring of PPP project in the state
- Administration of the Rajasthan Transparency in public Procurement Act, rules and GF&AR
- Matters related Treasury Rules
- Delegation of FD powers to AD under GF&AR and relaxation in particular cases of GF&AR and Treasury Rules
- Write - off of losses and Irrecoverable dues, loans and advances.
- (i) Upto Rs. 25 lakhs
- (ii) Above Rs. 25 lakhs. Upto 10 Cr.
- (iii)Above Rs. 10 Cr.
- Matters relating to PWF&AR
- Matters related to RTPP Act and Rules
- (a) Interpretation /Relaxation of Service Rules (RSR) and other Rules.
- (b) Amendments of Service Rules (RSR) and other Rules.
- State Govt. Employees’ Demands.
- Concurrence of FD to amendments in All India Services Rules.
- Litigation : (including cases relating to consequential benefits.)
- Waiving of recovery from Govt. employees.
- Advances / Sanctions for medical treatment of Government employees, Public representatives and other entitled persons.
- Matter relating to work charge employees
- All matters relating to Rajasthan Accounts Service & Rajasthan Subordinate Accounts
- (a) Matters related to adverse entries in APARs of Rajasthan Accounts
- (b) Prescribing officers to write APARs of Rajasthan Accounts Officers
- (c) All other matters relating to Rajasthan Accounts Service & Rajasthan Subordinate Accounts
- (a) Monitoring of recovery of Revenue(including arrears) in major Revenue earning departments and other departments
(b) Monitoring of Recovery of non tax revenue including arrears in major revenue earning Departments/Other Departments.
- Write-off of Revenue
Administration of the P.D.R. Act and the Rules there under
Conversion of Agricultural land for Non - agricultural Purposes and other uses and fixation of price for sale
Allotment of land free of cost or at concessional rates
Confirmation of sales of Government property : -
- (i) Upto to Rs 20 lakhs
- (ii) Above Rs. 20 lakhs
Taxation Division (Commercial Taxes and Registration & Stamps)
- Revision of rates of stamps duties and fees, including registration and court fees.
- Revision of rates of Commercial Taxes and other Taxes
- Grant of exemption from Taxes :-
- When the case is covered by a precedent
- Other cases
- Statutory Appeal and Revisions
- Reduction in demand
- (i) Upto Rs. 50 lakhs
- (ii) Upto Rs. 500 lakhs
- (iii) Beyond Rs. 500 lakhs
- Review of recovery of Commercial Taxes and Registration & Stamps
- Review of working and Administration of Commercial Taxes, Land & Building Tax and
Registration and Stamps Departments and Rajasthan Tax Board, Ajmer.
- Revision of Excise Duties and Taxes on Excise Commodities including Remission /
- Fixation of license fees and sale price of Excise goods.
- Import/ export of Excise articles in the state.
- Policy decisions relating to manufacture, storage, bottling, blending etc. of Excise
- Matters regarding sales / disposal of Excise goods.
- Reduction in Excise demand.
- (i) Upto Rs. 50 lakhs
- (ii) Upto Rs. 50 lakhs
- (iii) Above Rs. 50 lakhs
- Review and Administration of Excise Department.
- Statutory Appeals and Revisions.
- Vetting of Reply in
Court of Civil Judge (Jr. Div/ Sr. Div. )/ District Judge/ M.A.C.T./
R.C.S.A.T./ Writ petitions
- Appointment of
- Advocate General (A.G.), Addl. Advocate General (A.A.G.), Advocate On Record (A.O.R.),
Senior Counsel (S.C.) contempt cases, National consumer Forum.
- Panel Lawyers for High Court, Rajasthan Taxation Tribunal (R.T.T.), Deputy Govt.
Advocate (Dy. G.A.) for Taxation Board,
- Dy. G.A. for Div. Commissioner
- Dy. G.A. / perokar for Revenue Board
- Sanction for :
No appeal (in all matters up to High Court
- Prosecution Sanction for challenging Excise cases after one year.
- Sanction of decretal amount.
- Notice For Demand of justice and U/s 80 CPC
- Implementation of orders of courts